Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Frankenstein

So, the first time I read frankenstein, was in high, school senior year, it was the first literary piece i read that year, which actually kept my attention and my drive to finish the book. I gotta say its one of my favorite, science fiction books, could be because I haven't really read many books at all. my views on the book is that I really found that it was very interesting, definitely not what I thought frankenstein was about. I thought Frankenstein was the name of the monster, as many people do. The book itself was over all depressing due to the fact that basically everyone dies except the monster, The gothic structure is very prevalent. there's really not much i can say about it other than that I really like this book, and it was a good start for the semester reading. I really liked how the creation of frankensteins monster occurred, theres some science involved, but as you read, the ground breaking discoveries that enabled him to re-animate a human/creature just happened which i found to be really funny. While reading, I soon discovered that victor is not the protagonist rather he's the antagonist, and his monster is the protagonist, even though he does some terrible things, but victor, with is secrets, and keeping his family in the dark, caused more harm, than good, if it weren't for his foolish desires, everything would have been fine. or even if victor, was a good guy and he helped out his creation, he could have been a so much more than, a creator running away from his creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment