Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Hobbit

before I start with my opinion on the hobbit, I would like to argue that Blogs are not about the observations of people because thats simply not true. The world is full of people, people from different places and background and upbringing, thus when some one observes something, its simply not an observation its an opinion, of how that person reacts to whatever they are observing. Everyone sees the world differently, everyone has there one perception of what the world is like, my world is very different from yours, thus what i perceive is my own opinion on different things, thus its a bias opinion. What you have to say about what blogs are is your opinion, what I think blogs are about is my opinion, the world is built on opinions, now the question is who's opinion do we favor to be more accurate. further more I would like to tell you of my observations of the Hobbit in other words my OPINION of the Hobbit. What did I think of the hobbit was that it is what fantasy should be like, thats my observation, it was interesting also to read it in the point of view of mr. bilbo, I almost felt like I could relate to his size difference. I didn't actually read lord of the rings or the hobbit before this. I am from a different background, born in Pakistan, and moved to Canada, and then the US, I do not have the cultural background that most of the Students in the class have, also I have different religious views far different from the majority of the people in the entire school. Thus any religious references are unknown to me, Not like there are many religious aspects to the Hobbit, So I really had no idea of what kind of adventure mister bilbo bagens had been on when I first watched the Lord of the Rings, which was truly my first introduction to fantasy, if you believe me, you would think what kind of sheltered life have I been living, or what rock was I living under. Well to me when I was reading the hobbit, I was very entertained by the epic novel and I'm glad I read it. There really isn't much to say about it other than the fact, that everyone needs to read the hobbit as it is one of the essentials of fantasy. There are certain fantasy novels That I don't like, the ones that seem really cheesy (ones with unicorns talking animals and fairies), which is my opinion. A few words is all I can offer you as my opinion and observation of the book, I really have nothing much to say or react to as I read and finish a novel/book or leave it half read because I did not find it at all interesting. If in some special case I finish a Story/book/novel, which rarely happens, I think there are only a hand full of books that i've actually finished, I can only say that my only observations about the books are the images left in my mind created by my imagination, which could only be made into illustrations, my visual words to describe my opinion/observation on that particular piece of literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment