Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things/ A Wild Sheep Chase

I gotta say Japanese horror is strange and creepy, and not something that I take an interest in, the Wild Sheep Chase didn't make much sense to me, Plus while reading it, I felt really dulled by the reading, it was a weird story, and i'm afraid I couldn't finish it, I was confused with what had exactly happened. I don't mind the american version of the japanese horror, movies like the grudge, which still was weird I didn't get the first one, but the second one I actually found some what creeped by it. and some of the other horror movies, I can't remember the name, but there not scary or creepy, there kind of humorous, in some strange way. back to a wild sheep chase, I really don't understand what this book was about, just starting out when reading it, talking about the japanese man, who's name i will never know, and his search for love, and finally finding a weird seductive woman. I mean this book pisses me off cause I don't know what the point of all this was. there is a huge difference between american horror and japanese horror. in american horror, theres one main evil entity that is destroyed in the end, in japanese horror, I can't say because I primarily didn't understand it. things are a lot more subtle, some what creepy, but nothing that really engaged me in the reading. there's not much more I can say about this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment